Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 -- A New Year

    A year is gone, and a new one has come.  What I do in it, and with it, is still to be seen. It is a blank page in the book of my life.  It is so easy to try to pick up the pen, and write a line on my own, but then I get ahead of the story, and find myself asking, "why Lord?" and the Lord gently reminds me... "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." Isa 55:8.  I have a plan for your life, although you may not see it now, but if you will trust me, I will lead you!  And then I lay down the pen, and say again, Lord, you write this story...   
     I, of course, don't know where many of you are in your lives, but one thing I do know, God cares about each of you, and wants SO much for you to cast yourself on Him, and trust him in every area of your life.   I want to encourage you to keep seeking the Lord, read the Word of God faithfully, and talk to him on a daily basis!
"Thy Word is a Lamp Unto My Feet, and a Light Unto My Path" 
As I was thinking about the new year, and the possibilities it holds, I was reminded of this statement made by a young African pastor.  It was found among his possessions after he was martyred for his Faith.  I want this to become more of a reality in my life this year...
I’m part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I’m a disciple of His. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I’m finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by Holy Spirit power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problems recognizing me – my colors will be clear!
Are my Colors clear, is the way I live, and the things I do, bringing glory to Jesus Christ my Lord?  And maybe its time to, again, hand the pen back to God, and say "Lord, you write this story".
May God Bless each of you in this coming year, as you draw closer to him, and walk in his ways! 
 ~ Jordan 
 Psalm 115:1 "Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, 
for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake."

4 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen!!! What a blessing to be a part of the body of Christ! ~Tali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your serious posts, Jordan, and like you I'm excited about the coming year. Can sure identify with the tendency to want to rush ahead and write my own story. For some reason, starting out this new year has been especially emotional for me. I don't know what's ahead, but it's such a blessing to have friends who want to give God their all and rest in his will. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to share this verse with you as you are planning for 2014! Proverbs 3:5-6
    5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

    Have a wonderful year rejoicing in His goodness!

    ReplyDelete