Monday, November 24, 2014

October Photo Challenge Day 23||#10-I'm Thankful For

The WORD of God

#10-I'm Thankful For...
"The grass withereth, 
the flower fadeth: 
but the Word of our God 
Shall Stand for ever."
~ Isaiah 40:8

As life moves on, and I get older (ahem), the more I realize what a precious gift we have in the Word of God.
It is so much more then just a story book to read to children, its not a text book just to fill our heads with "good ideas", its the living Word of God...written by the inspiration of God, and it is for ME, today!!! 

Many times in the past year, when it felt like I had come to the "end of my rope" and I had nowhere to turn... I would turn to the Word of God, and cry out to God for wisdom, for strength to go on, for courage to do the right thing.  That is when I would here the Lord would say...

"...and, Lo, I am with you always, 
even unto the end of the world." 
~ Matt. 28:20.   

"Trust in the Lord with All thine Heart, 
and Lean not on your own understand.  
In All thy ways acknowledge Him, 
and He will direct your path." 
~ Prov. 3:5-6.    
Turn to Him, seek the Lord with All your Heart...

If your going through something today that seems impossible, remember, 
God's Word is true, and will stand forever.  Trust Him!

"And we know that all things work together for good 
to them that love God, 
to them who are the called according to his purpose."
~ Romans 8:28

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen...    
~ 2 Corinthians 1:20

A Long time ago, like, about halfway through the October Photo Challenge.  I knew that I wanted to use a photo of a Bible for the "I'm Thankful For" picture.  But due to procrastination life being really busy, I didn't get these photos until this morning.  But I'm thankful that I got those done, and really, I had a blast doing it!  

What is something that you are Thankful for today?... 

~ Jordan

Isaiah 55:10-11
For as the rain cometh down,and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither,but watereth the earth,and maketh it bring forth and bud,that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:it shall not return unto me void,but it shall accomplish that which I please,and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Praise the Lord! Glad you made it back safely... looking forward to hearing all about it! see ya soon!

      Delete