Thursday, September 19, 2013

An Answered Prayer

You know, sometimes God answers prayers in ways I never could have thought of... Sitting here on the plane, enroute to Harrisburg, PA, and thinking about what transpired in the last hour, I was reminded of these verses...

Isaiah 55:8-9
    For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
    For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Coming into Atlanta, we knew it would be really close with our connecting flight to Allentown (aka home) (we had been delayed about 1 1/2 hrs in El Paso)... As we were sitting on the Tarmac, after landing, It was hard not worry about missing the next flight.  I know we were all praying, and I texted several of my friends and church people to pray with us.  We finally got off the plane and headed toward gate D16, 1 terminal away.  Us boys ran ahead (I had always wanted to run through an airport) to see if we could catch the flight before they closed the door.  We arrived in time...but, soon found out that the flight had been delayed by more than two hours... We breathed a sign of relief that we hadn't missed it, but at the same time, were doing mental calculations what time we would be getting home. (Think...2 or 3 am at the earliest).  As we stood there talking amongst ourselves, one the men standing there said that they had just announced that Delta had a flight leaving for Harrisburg in about 40 mins. that wasn't full.  So, we quickly changed our tickets, and  headed to gate B12...  
Now we are all relaxing on the final flight, and the last leg of our Mexico trip, Thanking God for guiding and protecting us every step of the way!!!!
     Back up about 3 weeks... Jesse flew out to Colorado a week before the rest of us flew to Mexico, so he was returning on a different flight, (although its the same day and about the same time) and going to Harrisburg (for those of you who hadn't caught it before, we were planning to fly into Allentown).  I had been kind of disappointed that we couldn't all go home together, especially thinking of drive home from the airport.  But now "All things have worked together for our good..."  I'm so thankful that we service a Big God, who cares enough about us, that he worked out all those little insignificant details, way better then we would ever be able to do ourselves. 
      Our flight is scheduled to land at 10:30 pm, and Jesse is landing soon after that.  Seth and Drew are coming to pick us up...who knows, we might ended up having a big party somewhere?  It's what they call a "night lunch" in Mexico (to all you Mexico people, sorry that you can't be here to join us...missing you already :)
The view from my seat... Yea, I know, it's not much of a picture, but I HAD to add a photo... :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you all back and looking forward to hearing more about your time in Mexico. The Sammons

    ReplyDelete