Friday, November 8, 2013

Life.com

Proverbs 3:5-6
 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I have heard these verses for years, but it was only recently that they have become very precious to me. It is amazing how the Lord brings the exact verses to us exactly when we need them.


As of the end of the year I'm going to stop working at White Horse Construction, Inc.. At the moment, I don't have any clear direction or opportunities for the future (except for the School of Christ in January). This was probably one of the most challenging decisions I have made. (I'm absolutely terrible at making decisions...)

Work was becoming less and less enjoyable, and like any normal person, I have lots of dreams, and ambitions that I would love to pursue.  Music, Photography, School, Missions etc.
     When I would think about these things, I would get all excited about being freed up from the schedule of work, and just be able to do ANYTHING I felt like doing. And then the more conservative tea party side of me said, “whoa now, that might sound like fun and all, but you realize, that your leaving the best job you ever had (howbeit, the only job I had), and if you leave then you'll probably be unemployed for forever, and end up a couch potato, sitting at home editing the same blurry pictures over and over.... well, that's not exactly what I thought, but you get the idea.


After praying about it, and seeking the counsel of my pastor (aka: Dad) I felt that that was what I needed to do. So, I put in the notice that I wanted to quit by the end of the year.
That evening was amazing!!! I had peace about it, and it just felt so right. {excited cheers} 
     Well, that lasted for about 12 hours... until I woke up the next morning, and realized what I had done... and then I got scared... like as in, aah, AFRAID.

I was afraid I had made the wrong decision, afraid I hadn't heard from God,  afraid that my friends would think i'm this lazy guy that doesn't feel like working, afraid, that when I tell all you on the blog, that I would all of a sudden get zero views a day, and no comments. But, slowly, through many, and various ways, the Lord brought back that peace that I had, and confirmed that I had done the right thing. {Praise The Lord} 
         Several verses that have really ministered to me...

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.


Psalms 62:1-2
Truly my soul waiteth upon God:
from him cometh my salvation.
 He only is my rock and my salvation;
 he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Even now, when I look at the facts, it seems like a stupid thing that I did. But I know its right, and find myself coming back to Prov 3:5 
“Trust in the Lord with All thine Heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding"  
When we don't lean on or rely on our own understanding, sometimes the Lord takes us through things that, to the world, and even our brothers and sisters, looks like a mistake... But the glorious thing is...
Proverbs 3:6 "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
&
Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
I am excited about what the Lord has in the future, and would appreciate your prayers as I make this transition. -- Jordan

PS: If you made it all the way down here... congratulations! Sorry there aren't more pictures... I'll do my best to get another picture post up soon! 
 Thanks for coming by... May God Bless You!!!



8 comments:

  1. Love your post, Jordan. I know God is working in your life and you've been a huge inspiration to me. I can identify with so much of what you say, wanting more adventure and satisfaction in life yet the unknown can be bewildering. It's comforting to know God has it all under control, because we certainly don't!

    Love that picture of someone (Joshua?) midair. Precisely how I feel about life sometimes, or almost. It feels so dangerous, yet so many times we have to leap and God is always there to catch us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, since I've gone through that myself. Some days it felt like a huge mistake, but it's always so worth it to go and do what you feel God is calling you to do.. Even when in our natural eyes it seems like an unwise choice. I've been reading the book Not a Fan. It's very encouraging, and you really should read it. (end of advertisement:)
    Hmm somehow I doubt that you'll become a couch potato. Soon there will be snow to shovel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jordan!
    I LOVE the fantastic photos you post; excellent quality! And your stories and comments are both entertaining and inspiring as well... I'm so glad you're taking this leap of faith and allowing the Lord to use your gifts in a greater way, and to see how He fulfills the desires of your heart as you pursue Him. Blessings.
    P.S. By the way, if you want your photos copyrighted, you might want to spell it COPYRIGHT. :)
    (Sorry, can't help it, too long a teacher...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops...I guess I kind of missed that one! Here is my rebuttal: I used the generic watermark in my editing program... (and no, I don't want to hear anything about my software)... But, thanks for commenting, its always good to hear from all of you out there that watch this...

      Delete
  4. Jordan…your post echoes my own life experiences with going to college and other decisions. Sometimes it really feels as if you must have lost your mind - or at least that others will think so - but in your heart you know it is the Lord guiding you. Isn't it ironic how you were expecting zero views per day, and instead you get several long comments. :)

    Beautiful pictures, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. A lot of us feel this way, but we don't have the courage to share it. We go around like we have it all together, but really we are quaking with fear! But I think it's a great decision. Cause when you get to the end of your life and look back on it, you'll be glad you didn't spend your whole life just filling up the bank account. Your kids might be grateful for the inheritance, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jordan, thanks for being a great brother. I just want to encourage you to pursue God with all of your heart(I know you will). I pray that whatever God leads you to do that you will do it will all your might and that it will be for the advancement of His Kingdom!!!
    Read Philippians 1:21, its my life verse....God Bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks One and All for commenting... I really do appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete