Monday, April 7, 2014

"Be Strong in the Lord"

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might."  Eph 6:10 
"The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation..." Exodus 15:2
We just got back from an amazing weekend with Light of Hope Prison Ministries.  My brothers and I again had the privilege of being a singing team this year, and my dad was the evangelist.  
(this year we were at SCI Rockview).  

It was SO encouraging to go into a this place, expecting to try to get these terrible sinners to see that they need to accept Christ as their personal Savior, and instead, walking into a living, vital, body of Christ.  A lot of these men have no hope of ever getting out of this place, but that doesn't keep them from believing what Christ has done for them, or from sharing the love of the Father with their fellow inmates.  By the end of the weekend, I wasn't sure who had been more blessed, us, or them.

      But going into the weekend, I was feeling anything but ready to go sing and minister to these guys, I felt dry, and discouraged.  But every morning, as I spent time alone with Him, the Lord faithfully encouraged, and strengthened me...  And I want to encourage all of you, if your struggling with discouragement, or it doesn't feel like the Lord is near.  
Be faithful, stay in the Word of God, keep seeking Him.  God's promises are true!!!

Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength..."



No comments:

Post a Comment